December 2-3, 2017
The Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS) is a series of number theory
meetings held at colleges and universities in South Carolina, the Palmetto
State as well as neighboring states. The core members of the PANTS consortium are:
The goal of the PANTS meetings is to provide an opportunity for number
theorists in South Carolina, and more generally, in the Southeast, to hear
about recent research in all areas of number theory,
pure and applied.
PANTS is funded for the 2013-2014 academic year by grants from the NSF (DMS-1701290).
For links to webpages of past PANTS meetings (PANTS I-XXVIII), see the
PANTS home page.
Information on PANTS XXIX
Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3, 2017.
100, 111, 113-114 Brackett Hall, Clemson University,
- Plenary Speakers:
- Graduate Student Plenary Speaker:
- To register, please fill out the following form as soon as possible: Registration
- If you would like to contribute a talk, please check the corresponding box in the registration form and then e-mail your title and abstract (preferably in Latex) to Jim Brown.
- Registered Participants
- Schedule of Talks
- Participant support:
PANTS has a limited budget from which to provide support
Here is a
visitor expense form which may be used to request support. You must register with Clemson as a vendor if you wish to be reimbursed. There are instructions for doing this on the form. If you have previously registered as a vendor, for example, at a previous PANTS meeting, you do not need to register as a vendor again.
NOTE: If you wish to apply for travel reimbursement you
must register by November 25. If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident
you must register by November 18 in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Lunch options: The following link contains a map with local restaurants: local restaurants
- A block of rooms will be reserved in a local hotel. This space will be updated when that has been done.
Participants are responsible for making their own arrangements.
Other Local hotels.
Clemson University is located
Brackett Hall can be found on the map of restaurants linked above.
- Parking: Parking will be free in the lot between Sikes Hall and Martin Hall and along Parkway Drive. Please see the restaurant map linked above for the location of this parking lot. However, if you park in a meter you must pay! A parking map can be found here.
- Local Organizers:
- Local Volunteers:
Hugh Geller, Huixi Li
- Other Contacts:
Please feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions.
Last updated: August 4, 2017.