The Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS) is a series of number theory meetings held at colleges and universities in South Carolina, the Palmetto State as well as neighboring states. The core members of the PANTS consortium are:
The goal of the PANTS meetings is to provide an opportunity for number theorists in South Carolina, and more generally, in the Southeast, to hear about recent research in all areas of number theory, pure and applied.
This year we are running the PAlmetto Joint Arithmetic, Modularity, and Analysis Series (PAJAMAS) in an online format, to avoid health and travel concerns due to Covid-19. Talks and posters will include all areas of number theory. Registration is free and open worldwide, and contributed talks will continue to highlight the work of mathematicians from the Southeast.
Information on PAJAMAS III
- Dates: September 25-26, 2021
- Location: Worldwide via Zoom
- Plenary Speakers:
Matilde Lalín, University of Montreal
Cecília Salgado, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Invited Postdoc Speakers:
Wanlin Li, CRM Montreal
Evan O’Dorney, University of Notre Dame
- Invited Graduate Speaker:
Ashvin A. Swaminathan, Princeton University
- Registration: Please register for the conference using the registration form.
- Discord Forum: Please sign up here for the PAJAMAS Discord server. If you signed up before, this is the same one and you don’t need to do it again. — If this is new to you, there are instructions with pictures to guide you through the short two step setup. Once you land on Discord, read the information on the #welcome channel to rename yourself with your professional name and institution, and select your career stage in the #pick-a-role channel to gain access to the rest of the server. We will use Discord to keep in touch before and during the conference, for math water cooler chat, and to plan the panel discussion and social activities
- Registered participants: List
- Talks: Schedule and Titles and Abstracts.