PAlmetto Number Theory Series XXXIII
December 14-15, 2019, Clemson University
The Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS) is a series of number theory meetings held at colleges and universities in South Carolina, the Palmetto State as well as neighboring states. The core members of the PANTS consortium are:
The goal of the PANTS meetings is to provide an opportunity for number theorists in South Carolina, and more generally, in the Southeast, to hear about recent research in all areas of number theory, pure and applied.
PANTS is funded for the 2019-2020 academic year by grants from the NSF and NSA.
For links to webpages of past PANTS meetings (PANTS I-XXXII), see the PANTS home page.
Information on PANTS XXXIII
- Dates: December 14-15, 2019
- Location: Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Plenary Speakers:
Kevin Ford, UIUC
Jeffrey Lagarias, Michigan-Ann Arbor
Carl Pomerance, Dartmouth
- Postdoctoral Speaker:
Jiuya Wang, Duke
- Graduate Student Speaker:
Soumya Sankar, Wisconsin-Madison
- Friday Math Club Talk: Michael Filaseta from University of South Carolina will be giving a Math Club Talk on Friday, December 13 at 5pm preceding PANTS. This talk will be aimed at undergraduates.
- Registration: If you are going to attend you must email Hui Xue (huixue [at] clemson [dot] edu) on or before December 6 (or December 11 if you do not intend to speak) and send the following information:
- Your name and affiliation.
- Email address and website (if available).
- Whether you plan to give a 20 minute contributed talk (please include title and abstract if available).
- Whether you intend to apply for travel support (please include your immigration status if travel support is needed).
- Participant support: PANTS has a limited budget from which to provide (partial) support for travel. In order to stretch our budget, we encourage car pooling and students to share lodging as much as possible. Here is our Visitor Expense Form which may be used to request support (Note: meals are for invited speakers only and vehicle mileage is reimbursed at $.3/mile). If you wish to apply for travel reimbursement you must register no later than December 4. If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident you must contact Hui Xue by November 20 in order to receive reimbursement.
- Directions: Clemson University is located in Clemson, South Carolina. The closest major airport is Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP).
- Accommodations: Participants should make their own hotel arrangements. A block of rooms has been reserved at Hotel Tillman in Clemson, SC. Please mention when calling into the hotel directly: “PANTS Conference Group” for special room rate ($84.95) to apply.
- Local Restaurants: The following link contains a map with local restaurants: local restaurants.