PAlmetto Number Theory Series XXXVI, October 21-22, 2023, Clemson University in memoriam of Kevin James (1968-2023), founding director of the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences:
The Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS) is a series of number theory meetings held at colleges and universities in South Carolina, the Palmetto State as well as neighboring states. The core members of the PANTS consortium are:
The goal of the PANTS meetings is to provide an opportunity for number theorists in South Carolina, and more generally, in the Southeast, to hear about recent research in all areas of number theory, pure and applied.
PANTS is funded for the 2023-2024 academic year by grants from the NSF and NSA, and generous support from the College of Science and School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Clemson University. For links to webpages of past PANTS meetings (PANTS I-XXXV), see the PANTS home page.
Information on PANTS XXXVI
- Dates: October 21-22, 2023
- Location: Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Plenary Speakers:
Scott Ahlgren, UIUC
Olivia Beckwith, Tulane University
Andrew Granville, (virtual), University of Montreal
Ken Ono, University of Vriginia
Matt Papanikolas, Texas A & M
David Penniston, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Carl Pomerance, Dartmouth College
- Graduate Student Speaker: Emma Lien, Louisiana State University
- Registration: Please fill out the registration form if you plan to attend the conference.
- Registered Participants: List of participants.
- Schedule: If you plan to contribute a 20 minute talk, please register (with the talk title and abstract) by Oct 6, 2023.
- Participant Support: PANTS has a limited budget from which to provide (partial) support for travel up-to approximately $250 (we might be able to cover more, depending on the total request). In order to stretch our budget, we encourage car pooling and students to share lodging as much as possible. Here is our Visitor Expense Form which may be used to request support (Note: meals are for invited speakers only and vehicle mileage is reimbursed at $.3/mile). If you wish to apply for travel reimbursement you must register no later than October 1, 2023.
- Directions: Clemson University is located in Clemson, South Carolina. The closest major airport is Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP).
- Parking: Parking in Clemson University requires an appropriate permit all the time. The easiest way is to purchase a $9 Weekend Visitor Permit here, which is valid from 4:30pm Friday through 7:00am Monday. A parking map can be found here.
- Accommodations: Participants should make their own hotel arrangements. We have reserved a few blocks of rooms at Comfort Inn & Suites Clemson at $90 per night plus tax for October 20-21, if the reservation is made through this link (or mention PANTS conference when you call into the hotel). Participants are encouraged to book rooms in other hotels if the rates are lower.
- Local Restaurants: The following link contains a map with local restaurants: local restaurants.
- Local Organizer: Hui Xue
- Contacts at University of South Carolina: Matthew Boylan, Michael Filaseta, Frank Thorne